2023 CCMR & CCIW Clergy Retreat
April 10 - April 12
Drink of One Spirit: Living our Truths in Community
Clergy Retreat for Pastors and Chaplains of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) of the Michigan and Illinois/Wisconsin Regions.
Plan to join us for the 2023 CCIW & CCMR Clergy Retreat at the St. Francis Retreat Center in DeWitt, Michigan.
What to expect
“Rev. Monique Crain Spells, who recently led our Minister’s Spiritual Life Retreat here in the Christian Church in Ohio, was the perfect facilitator for a retreat, especially one focused on the Holy Spirit as ours was. I appreciated her calm and focused approach to the topic as well as her relaxed and conversational manner with the participants, which was perfect for our people and our setting. She came exceptionally well prepared, with a set of engaging and thought-provoking handouts which guided her and us smoothly through the retreat without becoming the focus of the event. She held just the right balance between teaching, storytelling, and discussion. Monique brought a deep appreciation for and understanding of the focus scriptures, and comfortably wove other texts liberally throughout her presentation. Finally, we appreciated her willingness to shift and adjust topics and timetables as the Spirit led us. I can honestly say it was one of the most meaningful retreats in which I have ever participated and I can’t wait to be at another event Rev. Monique Crain Spells leads!”
Rev. Allen Harris
Christian Church in Ohio
Rev. Monique Crain Spells is an ordained minister in the Christian Church Disciples of Christ who has connection with the Christian Church since 1988. She currently serves as Director of Christian Education and Faith Formation for Disciples Home Missions and the National Convocation of the Christian Church. Prior to this call, Monique served eight years in theological education administration at Christian Theological Seminary and Brite Divinity School at Texas Christian University. She has actively engaged the wider community as an advocate, educator, playwright, preacher, and past moderator for the Christian Church in Indiana. It has also been her privilege to serve as a church planter, Hope Partnership clergy coach, and Past President of the Fellowship of Black Disciples Clergywomen. Monique received a Bachelor of Arts in Communications with a focus on Public Relations from Purdue University and a Master of Divinity from Christian Theological Seminary. She is completing her Doctor of Ministry coursework around the power of rituals at Lexington Theological Seminary.
Things to note:
- Please note on the registration form if there is anything the retreat center or retreat planners can do to make your stay more comfortable, including dietary and/or mobility needs.
- Bedding, five meals, and snacks are provided.
- Please bring cards, board games, books you’d recommend, and be ready to both learn and relax.
- There will be several breaks and a large block of free time on Tuesday for you to explore the grounds, rest, relax, or engage in fellowship and conversation. Plan on some down time.
**All times are ET**
Monday, April 10
- 6:30PM Arrive and settle in
- 7:15PM Opening worship
- 7:30PM Session One with Rev. Monique Crain-Spells Time of Fellowship/Food
Tuesday, April 11
- 8:00AM Breakfast in the Dining Hall
- 8:45AM Worship
- 9:00AM Session Two with Rev. Monique Crain-Spells
- Noon Lunch in the Dining Hall
- 1:00PM Session Three with Rev. Monique Crain-Spells
- Free time
- 6:00PM Dinner in the Dining Hall
- 7:30PM Time of fun and fellowship
Wednesday, April 12
- 8:00AM Breakfast in the Dining Hall
- 9:00AM Presentation and discussion of Mental Health Awareness and Suicide Intervention by Rev. Dr. Pamelajune Anderson
- 10:00am Regional Report from Rev, Dr. Teresa Dulyea-Parker
- 11:30am Worship and communion
- 12:00 Lunch in the Dining Hall
Departure after lunch