- This event has passed.
Clergy Retreat for Pastors of Michigan & Illinois-Wisconsin
April 18 @ 6:00 pm - April 20 @ 12:00 pm
A retreat to encourage Pastors in Pastoral Ministry at St. Francis Retreat Center
Monday, April 18
Wednesday, April 20, 2022
St Francis Retreat Center
703 East Main Street
DeWitt, Michigan 48820
Located seven miles north of Lansing
Registration deadline: March 1, 2022
- Overnight accommodations: $25.00 – includes a private room and five meals
- Commuters: $25.00 – included five meals
Things to note:
- All participants must be fully vaccinated, must bring their proof of vaccination, and must plan to mask during the retreat.
- Please note on the registration form if there is anything the retreat center or retreat planners can do to make your stay more comfortable, including dietary nor mobility needs.
- Bedding, five meals, and snacks are provided.
- Please bring cards, board games, books you’d recommend, and be ready to both learn and relax.
- Please fill out the questions on the brochure and bring this with you or fill this out online when you register.
- There is a significant amount of time in the schedule for rest and respite. Plan on some down time.
“Stories and Narratives That We Have Lived In” with Dr. David Anderson Hooker
Dr. Hooker is the Founder and Principal Narrator for CounterStories Consulting, llc. CounterStories engages as a conversation and visioning partner with international, national and local civil society organizations, religious groups and leaders of these organizations to craft narratives of their preferred futures and align organizational structures and internal practices in furtherance of their constructed narratives. For almost 40 years Hooker has utilized his training and expertise in Conflict Transformation by serving as mediator, circle steward, facilitator, community builder, scholar, and advocate. Dr. Hooker is the author of The Little Book of Transformative Community Conferencing. He is a former Assistant Attorney General for the State of Georgia, formerly a Professor of Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding at the Joan B. Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies at the University of Notre Dame, and an ordained minister in the United Church of Christ Dr. Hooker will provide three sessions for reflection and discussion as we look at our stories.
Anyone who has gone on the Christian Church (DOC) Clergy Retreat can tell you this is one of the best things clergy can do for themselves and their church. Enjoy two days and nights at the beautiful St. Francis Retreat Center, take time for rest, study, and reflection, and spend time connecting with your clergy colleagues as we enjoy “Stories and Narratives That We Have Lived In” St. Francis Retreat Center offers individual dormitory rooms, five wonderful meals, and a lovely setting for walking and enjoying the outdoors.
“Stories and Narratives That We Have Lived In” Schedule
Monday evening, April 18
- 6:00 PM – Pizza and snacks for early arrivals
- 6:30 PM – Welcome and move-in
- 7:00 PM – Introductions and ice breakers
- 7:30 PM – Worship
- 7:45 PM – Session One with Dr. David Anderson Hooker
- 9:00 PM – Time of Fellowship/Food
Tuesday, April 19
- 8:00 AM – Breakfast in the Dining Hall
- 9:00 AM – Worship Session Two with Dr. David Anderson Hooker
- 12:00 Noon Lunch in the Dining Hall
- 1:00 PM – Session Three with Dr. David Anderson Hooker
- 3:30 PM – Free time
- 6:00 PM – Dinner in the Dining Hall
- 7:30 PM – Time of fun and fellowship
Wednesday Morning, April 20
- 8:00AM Breakfast in the Dining Hall
- 9:30AM Regional Report from Regional Minister Reverend Teresa Dulyea-Parker
- Discussion time
- Worship and communion
- 12:00 Lunch in the Dining Hall
- Departure after lunch
- April 18 @ 6:00 pm
- April 20 @ 12:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Michigan Disciples
- View Organizer Website