REGISTER ONLINE NOW for the 2015 Regional Assembly of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) Michigan Region.
Our theme this year is “Building Community,” and our text is Psalm 133:1, “How good and pleasant it is when God's people live together in unity!” The Assembly will convene at Cascade Christian Church, 2829 Thornapple River Drive, SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan. The opening session will begin at 10:00 a.m. (on-site registration opens at 9:30).
The cost of registration is $30, which includes lunch.
Our plenary facilitator is Bernard “Chris” Dorsey, President of Higher Education & Leadership Ministries of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). We will also be led by Preston Adams, senior pastor of Amazing Grace Christian Church (DOC); and Anne Sowell, Co-Chair of the Anti-Racism/Pro-Reconciliation Commission of the Disciples of Christ.
Register ONLINE UNTIL MAY 8. OR use the form attached to this web page below. Registrations will be accepted at the door on May 9 for the same fee.
VOTING REPRESENTATIVES AT REGIONAL ASSEMBLY
In accordance with the Constitution for the Christian Church (DOC) Michigan Region as ratified at the Regional Assembly of June 4, 2011, page 4, item 3.
Voting Privileges. All persons who register for the Regional Assembly shall have all privileges of the Assembly, except that voting privileges shall be limited to
- (a) voting representatives from each recognized congregation, consisting of one woman, one man and one young adult under the age of twenty-six,
- (b) one additional voting representative from each recognized congregation for each one hundred participating members over the first hundred members (51 or greater will be recognized as the next 100 members)
- (c) ministers in standing in the Region;
- (d) members of the Regional Board, and
- (e) one representative from each recognized Christian body as designated in the bylaws.